Platte County Treasurer's Office
Elected Officeholder: Rob Willard
Platte County Administration Building
415 Third St., Suite 80
Platte City, MO 64079
Phone: (816) 858-1937
- Invests county tax dollars.
- Controls 35 different funds and prepares reports for County departments and governmental agencies.
- Processes revenue and expenses for grants and bonds.
- Monitors county checking accounts.
- Manages the county employee retirement fund and pre-tax medical and child care reimbursements.
- Audits monthly financial reports.
The Platte County Treasurer's office is responsible for receipting all the revenue that comes into the county, making the bank deposits, investing the monies, balancing the bank accounts, and tracking all the funds.
The office also handles the monies for the four Special Benefit Assessment Road Districts, Senior Citizens Services Fund Board, Neighborhood Improvement Districts (NIDs), Community Development Block Grants (CDBGs), Tax Sale Surplus, Unclaimed Property and Unclaimed Fees, Homeless Challenge Program, Emergency Shelter Grant Program, Victims of Domestic Violence, County Employees Retirement Fund (CERF), Prosecuting Attorney's Bad Check Fund, Financial Institution Taxes, Criminal Cost Account, and the School Fines and Bond Forfeitures.
The Treasurer's office also prepares the bid documents for the selection of the financial institutions used by the county, pays a variety of fees to the State of Missouri , and pays the 18 cities within Platte County for their share of the road districts' monies. The Treasurer's office is also the Plan Administrator for the Section 125 Cafeteria Plan for county employees' medical and dependent care program.