Basic instructions for obtaining a marriage license in Platte County:
Where To Apply:
Office of Gloria Boyer For Additional Information call:
Recorder of Deeds (816) 858-3326
415 Third Street
Platte City, MO 64079
How To Apply:
- Both parties must appear together at the Recorder’s Office to apply.
- You need to bring your driver’s license or other government form of picture ID.
When To Apply:
- Applications are taken from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday except legal holidays.
- The marriage license is valid for 30 days from date of issuance and may be used anywhere in the state of Missouri.
- The license must be paid for in cash or credit card at the time of application. The fee is $51.00 (if using cash, exact amount please).
- The Recorder’s Office cannot accept checks for payment of these fees.
- NO REFUNDS
What To Do With The License:
- You are responsible for delivering the license to the person who solemnizes your marriage.
- The officiator must complete the bottom portion of the license, have two witnesses sign, and return to the Recorder’s Office within 15 days after the wedding.
- The Recorder’s Office then provides the state with the marriage information, retains a copy for preservation and permanent record.
- The original marriage license is mailed to the couple at the address provided.
- A certified copy of the marriage license may be obtained for $10.00
- Your marriage license will be filed in the county in which you applied.
- Blood relatives, down to and including first cousins, may not be married under the laws of the State of Missouri.
- There is no distinction between residents and non-residents.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to obtain a marriage license without parental consent.
- Applicants at least 15 years old may obtain a marriage license with the consent of their custodial parents at the time of application.
- Previously married applicants must provide the date their last marriage ended and should wait at least 30 days after divorce before applying for a marriage license.