Save the date!
Plan to join us as we celebrate our 30th anniversary and honor those who have guided our success over the decades.
Time: Friday, June 1
Place: Marriott KCI, 775 Brasilia Ave, Kansas City, MO 64153
Invitations will be sent on May 4th. Sponsorships are available, contact Alicia Stephens on 816-270-2109 or Stephanie Gillespie on 816-270-2134.
Upcoming Meeting and Events
Location: Platte County Resource Center, 11724 NW Plaza Circle, KCMO
KCI Area Development will meet at 7:30am on Thursday, May 3rd. Terry Leeds from Kansas City Water Services will be speaking about water infrastructure.
- KCI TIF Advisory Committee and Platte Purchase TIF Advisory Committee will jointly meet at 8am on Wednesday, May 16th.
- Public Policy Committee will not meet in May, but will instead participate in a Joint Luncheon on May 22.
- The PCEDC Board of Directors meets at 7:30am on Friday, May 25th.
Board meeting update
The Platte County EDC Executive Committee has made a few Board meeting changes. Each meeting will now feature a Board Member Highlight to share information on the many companies and organizations represented on the Board. Vice-Chair Dale Brouk of Fivestar Lifestyles provided the first member highlight at this morning's board meeting, please click here to see more info.
Another change is a shift away from committee updates during the meeting, and instead minutes will be included in the board packet. A reminder that committee minutes can always be accessed on the PCEDC website here (the password is pcedc2017).
Community Development Day - Register Now!
PCEDC members are invited to take part in the May 14th Community Development Day, held at The National. Each year, commercial real estate brokers and developers are hosted, and the event provides an opportunity for Platte County communities to network in a Community Expo and on the golf course.
The price for members is $250 per person, and that includes lunch, golf, dinner and beverages. To register, click here. The registration deadline is Friday, May 4th. Please call Stephanie N with questions on 816-270-2126.
Transportation Infrastructure update
- The new I-29 bridge near Tiffany Springs MarketCentre bid has gone to Clarkson Construction. It is funded through the KCI TIF, City of Kansas City, MO and a federal grant.
- Buck O'Neil Bridge - MARC has allocated $40 million and MoDOT has allocated $100 million and $60 million from the PIAC sales tax passed in April. The project was not chosen for a Tiger Grant. A 6-month closure will start in June to make necessary repairs and will affect southbound traffic. Follow the project here.
- Right of way negotiations have been finalized so the City of Kansas City can now move forward with the next phase of construction to open up the northern entrance and realign the 64th Street roadways. This phase is for road improvements to expand NW Prairie View Road north of 64th Street. There are other projects planned for other streets in this area (the Park Place TDD) as funds allow.
CVS Hiring Far set for May 4-5
CVS Health will hold its first hiring fair on May 4-5 for positions at its soon to open Midwest Distribution Center. Please click here for the flyer.
If your Platte County company is holding a hiring event, we can share the details on our website. We can also feature current job openings and link to your company's jobs page. Please contact Stephanie Gillespie for info or to include your company on our jobs page.
For info on what's going on in Platte County, please read our latest Sector Update here, or view one of our "What's Happening" brochures on our website here. To read, click on Sector Updates and choose one of four available: retail, office, industrial and quality of life. Did we miss anything? Email Stephanie Neppl.
Kansas City Aviation Department announced service from Kansas City to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina beginning June 8, 2018 on Allegiant. Read more.
Congratulations to North Kansas City Hospital on its 60th birthday! North Kansas City Hospital opened its doors as an 80-bed hospital with 200 employees, and today, the hospital operates with 451 licensed beds, more than 3,000 employees and a medical staff of nearly 500 physicians who provide best-in-class care to patients from all over the metro.
Congratulations to Saint Luke's North Hospital for being awarded Primary Stroke Center Certification by The Joint Commission. Read more.
Shafer Kline & Warren sells to Iowa engineering firm. Read more.
North KC Hospital offers health classes, events and complimentary wellness screenings. See full details for classes on their website or click here for the May schedule.
Platte Valley Bank offers a monthly "Eat & Educate Events for Small Business" series in partnership with MidContinent Public Library. Register online here.
PLATINUM PLUS INVESTORS
National Golf Club
Park Hill School District
Platte County R-3 School District
Trammell Crow Co.
Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa
EDC of Kansas City
KCI Auto Auction