Final call for RSVPs (due by 5pm 9/4/2018)
3rd Quarter Member Luncheon
Please join us for an update on:
"All Things Transportation"
Pat Klein, Director, Kansas City Aviation Department
Representative Kevin Corlew, Safer MO
Jeff Martin, City Engineer of Capital Projects,
Public Works, City of Kansas City
When: Friday, September 7, 2018, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Where: KCI Expo Center, 11730 N. Ambassador Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64153
Upcoming Meeting and Events
Location: Platte County Resource Center, 11724 NW Plaza Circle, KCMO
- KCI Area Development will meet at 7:30am on Thursday, September 6th, and hear an update from KCPD, North Patrol
- KCI TIF Advisory Committee and Platte Purchase TIF Advisory Committee will next meet at 8am on Wednesday, September 19th.
- Public Policy Committee next meets at 7:30 am on Thursday, September 20th.
- The Platte County EDC Board will meet at 7.30am on Friday, September 28th.
CVS Health opens Midwest Distribution Center
CVS Health officially announced the opening of its Midwest Distribution Center in Kansas City, Platte County on Friday, August 24th. The new distribution center in the KCI Corridor, when fully operational,will add more than 360 new jobs, as well as an additional 70 to 100 jobs through work with local businesses. Read more here.
NW Prairie View Road groundbreaking event
City of Kansas City leaders gathered in Kansas City, Platte County to kick off a reconstruction project on NW Prairie View Road. 2nd District Councilmembers Dan Fowler and Teresa Loar joined project representatives and partners at the August 6th groundbreaking.
Ed Bradley Sports Medicine Center Dedication and Tour
You are cordially invited to join us for the dedication of the Ed Bradley Sports Medicine Center in honor of the late Northland civic leader and supporter of Park University Athletics.
Thursday, September 13 at 5:30 p.m.
Please RSVP by September 6 to email@example.com or 816-584-6214.
Park Avenue (Underground) at Park University
8700 NW River Park Drive, Parkville, MO 64152
The first round of layoffs for Harley-Davidson was August 3rd, which affected 170 employees. The Full Employment Council and Platte County EDC jointly hosted a hiring event for Platte County businesses to connect with displaced workers on August 10th. Fourteen Platte County employers participated in this event. The Full Employment Council, with assistance from the Platte County EDC, hosted a second hiring event for displaced workers on August 17th. More than 30 employers from the Kansas City region participated in this event.
The Platte County Economic Development Council partnered with TeamKC and KCSmartPort to connect recently displaced talent with area employers in response to Harley-Davidson's layoffs at its Kansas City plant. Check this post for info on employers that are actively hiring and the KC Career Network.
PCEDC has communicated with Harley's Real Estate Division and is building a file for the property. Harley distributed an RFP to identify a commercial real estate broker. PCEDC will work with the broker to backfill the space. The timeline is product off the line through May of next year and then close-out the facility in June and July.
SaferMO.com Launches Proposition D Campaign Website
The SaferMO.com committee launched a website - www.SaferMO.com - to help Missourians learn about Proposition D, the statutory ballot measure for funding safe roads and bridges. Proposition D appears on Missouri's November 6, 2018, general election ballot. It was referred to state voters by the Legislature. Prop D phases in a 2.5 cents annual motor fuels tax increase over four years. The Platte County EDC Board of DIrectors supports Proposition D.
Click here to read our latest sector update, which includes market statistics, development updates and more.
Platte County EDC welcomes new members
- Braun Intertec is a full-service geotechnical, environmental consulting and testing firm.
- CVS Health is a pharmacy innovation company with a simple and clear purpose: to help people on their path to better health.
- Engaged Companies spans several industries, including logistics, technology, warehousing, finance, education, and athletics.
- Multivac is one of the worldwide leading providers of packaging solutions used to pack a range of products including; food products, life science and health care products, and industrial goods.
- ROSNET the industry leading provider of fully-integrated restaurant solutions.
A Better KCI Update
Click here to see the most recent renderings for the new terminal at KCI.
The Draft Environmental Assessment is now available for review here. A public workshop and hearing will be held from 6-8 PM on September 24, 2018 at the Ambassador Bldg, 12200 N. Ambassador Dr, KCMO. The public comment period ends 10/2/18. Click here for more details.
Northland Career Center Community Education brochure
The Northland Career Center is offering computer, HVAC, and welding classes that business can send their employees to. NCC can also provide customized computer classes.
Click here for the Community Education brochure with details.
Congratulations to our Board Chairman Aaron Schmidt for being promoted to General Manager of Development and Construction at Hunt Midwest. Read more.
Click here to view the latest KCI New Terminal project news from Edgemoor Infrastructure and Real Estate, including design progress, pre-construction activities, development agreement and financial updates, and community outreach.
Kansas City International Airport passenger traffic increased 3% in July. Read more.
Worth Harley-Davidson helped grant a 'last ride' wish to a local man battling cancer. Watch.
ARCO National Construction was named as one of KC's 50 fastest growing companies of 2018. Read more.
The City of Weston was named the best day trip for the 15th straight year by Ingram's Magazine.
Congratulations to ARCO National Construction KC, HNTB Corporation, NorthPoint Development, McCownGordon Construction, Terracon Consultants, Burns & McDonnell and JE Dunn Construction for being named in the Kansas City Business Journal as the best places to work in 2018. Read more.
North KC Hospital offers health classes, events and complimentary wellness screenings. See full details for classes on their website.
Platte Valley Bank offers a monthly "Eat & Educate Events for Small Business" series in partnership with MidContinent Public Library. Register online here.
Transportation Infrastructure update
aka PCEDC loves orange barrels!
- Reminder that the southbound lanes of the Buck O'Neil Bridge are now closed for a 7-month period. Work is being done underneath the bridge. Follow the project here.
- Follow construction on the new I-29 bridge near Tiffany Springs MarketCentre here.
- Skyview from Ambassador Drive to Tiffany Springs Road will go to bid soon and the intent is to start work early fall.
- Work on 64th Street & Prairie View Road has begun. Follow the project here. Project details are being finalized for the southern section of the NW Prairie View Road work.
- The 72nd Street project is finalizing rights of way with MODOT and once it is approved next month, the project will move for bidding. Construction will start late fall/early spring with a 18-24 month completion time frame.
PLATINUM PLUS INVESTORS
National Golf Club
Park Hill School District
Platte County R-3 School District
Trammell Crow Co.
Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa
City of Weston
EDC of Kansas City
KCI Auto Auction
Platte County Economic Development Council | 816-270-2109 | www.plattecountyedc.com
LET'S WRITE A SUCCESS STORY