A look back at our Canoe/Kayak/Paddleboard Instructional Day on July 14, 2018
CANOE/KAYAK INSTRUCTIONAL DAY Jackie Halloran, Recreation & Marketing Coordinator provided her two personal stand up paddleboards for the event. Shown above with Chris Oryshyn, Assistant Parks Director.
Pictured above you see him and then you don't!! Awesome Job Chris!! Good times!
Contact Jackie Halloran for information on future events: 816-858-3419
Approximately 125 people came out to Guy B.Park Conservation Area, located just 3 miles north of Platte City for this popular All-Ages annual event. Tom Bailey with KC Kayak & Canoe provided the kayaks for the 3 hour FREE event.
Missouri Department of Conservation provided the canoes. A special thank you to everyone who attended and to Doug Yeager, Conservation Agent, our safety boat for the day.
Aug 4 - Youth Sports Fest • Zona Rosa • Noon-4
TAX FREE WEEKEND
Aug 18- Run, Walk, Bike • 8AM
Weston Bluffs Trail-meet at Weston City Hall
300 Main Street, Weston MO 64298
Aug 25 - Missouri River Float Trip
Schimmel City Boat Access in Farley to Parkville
All events will start at 8 AM. Platte County Parks & Rec and Platte City Parks & Rec are partnering with Dr. Ann Riggs from Direct Medical Care and her RUN with DMC program. Run, Walk or Bike!! We are going to take the next 5 months to feature an event at one of the area Platte County Parks. Here is the full schedule:
- Aug 18- Weston Bluffs Trail- Meet at Weston City Hall, 300 Main Street, Weston MO 64098"Guest runner speaker" will be Matt Carletti of Missouri Department of Natural Resources. He will say a few words before we take off on the trail.
- September 22 -Prairie Creek Greenway
- October 20 - MO Riverfront Trails
- November 17 - Line Creek Trail
- December 15 - Southern Platte Pass
YMCA / PLATTE COUNTY COMMUNITY CENTERS
8875 Clark Ave
Parkville, MO 64152
See what's going on at the Platte County Community Center North (Platte City):
- We provide swim lessons for ages 3 months up to adults
- Get certified in Scuba Diving!
- Join one of our Swim Clubs
- The Otters - for both beginners and those that would like to improve their strokes and times
- Blue Wave - our competitive swim club
We offer over 70 land and water classes each week (included with your YMCA membership). We have three swimming pools, a basketball gym, a walking track, and state of the art cardio equipment and free weights. Drop off your children 8 years and under at our Kids' Zone, free for two hours while you work out.
Contact 816-858-0114 for more information on KIDS NIGHT OUT or any of the YMCA programs at theNorth Center: