Platte County Juvenile Office
Supervision and Exchange Program
The referral process to the visitation/exchange program is as follows:
- Platte County Judge signs supervised visits and/or exchange Order.
- Parties come to the Platte County Juvenile Office to complete the Intake Form.
- Platte County Juvenile contacts the Clay County Transitional Representative and forwards a copy of the Intake Form and Courts Order.
- Parties contact the Clay County Transitional Program representative and schedule the intake meeting. All individuals must complete orientation before any visitation services are scheduled.
- Visitation and/or Exchange services are scheduled.
- Written records of observation during supervised visits/exchange will be completed by the Monitor and maintained by the Transitional Center.
- Clay County Transitions Coordinator will invoice the Platte County Juvenile Office monthly for the contracted supervision or exchange services.
The supervised visitation program schedule is as follows:
- Visits are scheduled on Wednesday and Thursday nights - (two sessions) 5:30pm-6:30pm and 7:00pm-8:00pm. Visits are held at 2121 Gentry, North Kansas City, MO.
- The visiting parent must be at the visit site 15 minutes before the visit is scheduled. Security officer searches the visitor’s belongings and person.
- Custodial parent brings the child to the center at the scheduled visit start time and immediately leaves.
- The Supervision Monitor escorts the child to the visitation area and supervises the entire visit.
- Both parents sign in and out at the door to document they were present.
- The Supervision Monitor completes the Observation Form and summarizes what took place.